As 2016 rolls in, Express is proud to announce the arrival of our Rugged RFID™ product line! Express has always believed in providing identification solutions durable enough for every environment. With the evolution in RFID technology, we are now able to bring our harsh environment expertise to the RFID marketplace. There has been a lack of suitable RFID products for harsh environments, and we are excited to become your Go-To supplier for these needs. Click here to see the full RFID product line.
What is RFID? The abbreviation stands for “Radio Frequency IDentification.” Simply put, RFID tags receive and transmit bits of information via radio waves. In contrast to the standard laser or CCD barcode readers, this technology has introduced a variety of benefits to users:
- Line of sight is not needed: You can scan a tag without visually locating it.
- You gain the ability to scan multiple items at once: Great for inventory tracking.
- Operational efficiencies are improved by removing time consuming barcode scan processes.
- Costs associated with lost product and equipment are reduced or eliminated
Looking for some extra information on how RFID can be integrated into your company to save you time and money? Click here for our informational RFID Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)! Or give us a call – we would be glad to lend our expertise!
Our Three-Way RFID Tag
When designing our RFID products, we wanted to include as much functionality and usability as possible for our customers.This led us to a three-in-one design concept that goes much further than a basic RFID tag. Our RFID tags convey information in three distinct manners:
- RFID technology for scanning with radio scanners – Enjoy all of the benefits of RFID technology.
- Standard 1D or 2D barcode symbologies for scanning with standard scanners and imagers – This allows these tags to serve RFID needs, as well as alternate situations where a traditional barcode scan may be preferred.
- Human readable numbering to provide a quick visual reference – Quickly identify your item if no scanning equipment is readily available.
- Added Benefit! If you are looking to implement RFID tags in the near future, but need a standard barcode in the meantime, our Rugged RFID™ tags will cover both needs for you and eliminate the need to retag your items in the futur
Coupling this three-in-one approach with our fully custom visual layout and corporate branding abilities, we have created an RFID tag that is a step above! Let us know how we can help integrate RFID technology to improve your business!
Express – Identification Made Simple