Reliable barcode identification for every environment
Barcode labels are a core element of any organization that manages assets, equipment, or inventory because of the increased traceability, improved operational efficiency, and increased profitability inherently associated with their use. Custom barcode labels bring all the benefits of ordinary barcode labels to the next level—for industrial environments, rugged conditions, difficult-to-label locations, secure data, and high-value assets.
Express manufactures durable barcode labels and tags to withstand the most demanding industrial environments. Choose from a variety of substrates to meet your needs. Reference the Express Barcode Guide and Barcode Glossary for guidance on barcode symbologies.
Describe the product you're looking for, and we'll provide a quote. Our experienced staff are available to answer any questions.
Design Your Product
Design your label, tag, or nameplate with our easy-to-use design tool. Print, save, or email a PDF of your design and request a quote.
Request samples to test our products. Evaluate our product quality, functionality, and suitability for your needs.
With unlimited product variations, choosing the right label can be challenging. Our experienced staff will help you choose the best identification solution for your needs.
Industrial Barcode Labels
Industrial Barcode Labels for Harsh Environments
Industrial Barcode Label Durability
Express manufactures barcode labels to withstand the toughest industrial environments, including:
- Prolonged exposure to UV radiation
- Caustic solvents & chemicals
- Repeated abrasion
- Extreme temperatures
- Multiple freeze / thaw cycles
- Moisture & salt spray
Industrial Barcode Label Integration
Industrial barcode labels can easily integrate into any asset management or asset tracking system. Any linear or 2D barcode symbology can be used, including:
- Code 39
- Code 128
- QR Code
Industrial Barcode Label Materials
Express only uses the highest-quality materials in manufacturing industrial barcode labels. All material components—substrate, ink, and adhesive—are critical in forming a premium product durable enough to withstand the toughest industrial environments.
- Aluminum – anodized aluminum barcode labels are printed with an ultra-durable sub-surface image. Barcode and graphics are photo-imaged, dyed, and sealed within the anodic aluminum surface for extraordinary performance and extended durability in the harshest environments.
- Polyester – DuraPoly™ polyeser barcode labels are second-surface printed on the underside of the label surface for extended durability. Metalized polyester barcode labels are printed on metallic polyester for an attractive finish. Standard polyester labels are surface-printed for economical identification.
- Stainless Steel – stainless steel barcode labels & tags are laser-marked or chemically-etched & filled out of corrosion-resistant stainless steel alloy 304 or 316. Stainless steel barcode labels & tags provide aesthetic barcode identification for rugged industrial environments.
- Ceramic – ceramic barcode labels provide the ultimate durability against acids, alkalies, and high temperatures. A rugged borosilicate glass ceramic coating is fused to a stainless steel backing to produce this premium product.
- Vinyl – vinyl barcode labels are printed on premium vinyl with permanent pressure sensitive adhesive backing. Vinyl barcode labels provide economical barcode identification in mild indoor environments.
Industrial Barcode Label Applications
- Industrial barcode labels can be applied to any product surface. All barcode labels are either equiped with holes or backed with multi-purpose permanent pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive for permanent attachment and extended service life.
Custom Barcode Labels
How to design custom barcode labels?
- The easiest way to design custom barcode labels is through our Universal Designer, where you can specify every label element, including size, text, logo, background, corner radius, hole diameter and placement, and data sequence. You may also submit an engineered drawing or call to speak with one of our design specialists. Our design team and 30+ years of industry experience allow Express to evaluate business needs and develop lasting identification solutions for large-scale deployment.
What factors to consider when choosing custom barcode labels?
- Environmental Resistance – what type of conditions will your barcode label have to endure? Express manufactures barcode labels to withstand prolonged exposure to UV radiation, caustic chemicals, repeated abrasion, extreme temperatures, multiple freeze / thaw cycles, moisture, salt spray, and other environmental challenges.
- Surface – what type of surface will your label adhere to? Smooth and clean surfaces are best for adhesion. Rough surfaces are more challenging and barcode labels may need to be attached with rivets or screws. The surface material is an important consideration because metal and plastic surfaces have different adhesion characteristics.
- Size – barcode label size and X-dimension are critical to ensure barcode integrity and machine readability. In a linear 1D barcode (Code 39 or Code 128), the X-dimension refers to the width of the narrowest bar in the symbol. In a 2D symbol (Data Matrix or QR Code), the X-dimension refers to the height and width measurement of one cell (square element). Express has standard X-dimensions and can advise on the proper label size to ensure barcode quality and integrity.
What are the benefits of custom barcode labels?
By investing in barcode labels solutions with a focus on asset management and tracking, our customers realize significant gains in efficiency, data integrity, and profitability.
- Barcodes eliminate human error – a barcode scan is significantly faster and more reliable than manual data entry.
- Barcodes are extremely versatile – barcodes can be used for any kind of business data collection in any indoor or outdoor environment.
- Barcodes drive business efficiency – because barcodes can accurately track the location, status, and quantity of equipment and inventory, barcodes give managers greater insight into their business operations and enable businesses to save time, reduce inventory levels, and reduce overhead costs.
- Barcodes promote better business decisions – with greater transparency and access to more data, business managers are able to make better decisions that save time and money.
What asset management technologies are supported?
- By focusing on each customer’s experience and producing a truly-custom identification solution, Express can design and manufacture barcode labels that are compatible with any hardware or software asset tracking system.
How much do custom barcode labels cost?
- The minimum order cost for custom barcode labels is $300. Higher-volume orders significantly reduce the per-unit cost of custom barcode labels. Since all barcode labels are fully-custom, the exact price depends on the label material, size, and quantity.
Why should I use a custom barcode label provider?
- With decades of custom barcode label manufacturing experience, Express has honed its ability to understand unique customer requirements and applications, manage complex data sequences, parse complex engineered drawings, satisfy the strictest tolerances, manage multiple shipment dates and locations, and deliver on the tightest deadlines. All these factors make Express a premier manufacturer and a leader in the industrial identification industry.
I just wanted to let you know that the labels arrived in a timely manner and they looked great! I just wanted to express my thanks to you for the outstanding job that you did in making things happen in such a short window.—Robert H.
Thank you for the outstanding service.—Connie H.
Previous supplier really bungled our UID Label order. You guys got it right and delivered in one day. Wow! Thanks a million.—Jeff P.
I’m so happy I never have to deal with [REDACTED] again! You guys are awesome!—Pam S.
You guys have been doing an excellent job. Thank you for the services you have been providing us.—Lionel R.
I am impressed! Thanks for the fast service.—Jason D.
We will let you know if we ever need anything else. Ya'll have been great!—Jennifer D.
We got the labels and everyone here really likes the quality and appearance of them. I'm working on another order for you of the UID labels and will have that data out next week. Thanks!—Greg H.
I have to say you are all so easy to deal with at Express, it really is a pleasure doing business with you!!!—Sandy L.
We are extremely pleased with our order. You blew us away with your quick, reliable service and will be our only source for UIDs in the future.—David W.
The label looks amazing. Thank you for taking the time to meet our requirements and provide the sample labels quickly. My manager was impressed with how quickly you provided a sample via email. We look forward to working with you to meet our asset tag needs.—Tonya C.
I just want to say how nice they [the tags] look, how well they were packaged, how appreciative I am that you got them to us in time and communicated with me during this order. Thank you so much!—Linda G.
Thank you so much for processing our ID plates so quickly and getting them shipped earlier than projected! I am sincerely grateful for your efforts with this and providing us the items in a timely manner. Looking forward to doing business again in the near future.—Mary R.