- Free Design Proofs.
- Fastest Production and Delivery.
- Complete Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- Numerous material options.
- Value pricing for quantities large and small.
- Call for no-obligation Design Proof.
Order Today - Your Labels Ship TomorrowDesign & Purchase
MIL-STD-130 UID Compliance Labels
Express provides Expert Execution, Quickest Turnaround, and Value Pricing
The UID Label requirement for DoD compliance is known as MIL-STD-130. UID Labels and tags for identification of products you deliver to Military and Government customers are governed by this specification. Durable MIL-STD-130 labels satisfy UID or IUID marking requirements. Express labels are customized to your specific needs and incorporate all mandated data for assured compliance. Compliance verification reports are provided with every UID label order and Express UID labels are manufactured from a variety of materials to meet your identification needs including ultra-durable metal UID labels for extended service in extreme environments and economical polyester labels for moderate conditions.
Express is ITAR registered and ISO Certified (9001:2015). Express satisfies UID marking needs of customers worldwide and our years of experience ensure you will effortlessly achieve full compliance.
UID Labels and Nameplates
About UID and IUID Marking
Unique Identification (UID) and Item Unique Identification (IUID) are part of the identification marking process mandated by the United States Department of Defense (DoD). UID and IUID are permanent marking methods used to give military property and Government-Furnished Property (GFP) a Unique Item Identification (UII).
UID and IUID marking is a systematic process to globally and unambiguous distinguish property and ensure data integrity throughout an item’s lifecycle through the use of two-dimensional (2D) Data Matrix ECC 200 Symbols.
UID and IUID marking is required for all military property and equipment with an acquisition cost over $5,000, equipment that is mission essential, controlled inventory, or serially-controlled.
UID Construct 1 Components
- Issuing Agency Code
- Enterprise Identifier
- Serial Number unique within the Enterprise
UID Construct 2 Components
- Issuing Agency Code
- Enterprise Identifier
- Part Number
- Serial Number (unique within the Part Number)
DoD Standards and Specifications
Labeling is required for DoD vendors. Express UID and IUID nameplates satisfy the following DoD standards and specifications:
- MIL-STD-130 – this standard specifies the marking requirements and methods for identification of military property produced, stocked, stored, or issued by or for the DoD. This standard further provides information for the implementation of machine-readable information (MRI) processes for item identification marking and facilitating automatic data capture.
- MIL-STD-13231 – this standard specifies the DoD’s uniform marking requirements for electronic items.
- MIL-STD-129 – this standard specifies the DoD’s marking requirements for shipment and storage.
- GG-P-455 – this specification covers the requirements for photosensitive anodized aluminum sheets and foils. For purposes of this specification, foils referred to in this specification are defined as material 0.010" and thinner.
- MIL-DTL-15024 – this performance specification covers the physical characteristics of plates, tags, and bands (identification devices) used for identification of equipment. Examples of information to be marked on the identification devices are covered in the applicable specification sheets.
- MIL-P-19834 – this detail specification covers adhesive-backed metal foil identification or instruction plates for use as internal and external equipment identification or instruction.
- MIL-A-8625 – this specification covers the requirements for 6 types and 2 classes of electrolytically formed anodic coatings on aluminum and aluminum alloys for non-architectural applications. This includes chromic acid anodizing, non-chromic acid anodizing, sulfuric acid anodizing, and hard anodic coatings.
- A-A-50271 – this commercial item description covers identification plates for attachment to equipment to provide identification and other miscellaneous data.
- SSP50007 – this document establishes the Inventory Management System (IMS) barcode label specifications and requirements for the International Space Station (ISS) Program.
DPAP and DFARS Compliant
All UID and IUID products comply with the Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS):
- Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP) for Item Unique Identification
- DFARS 211.274 Item Identification and Valuation Requirements
- DFARS Clause 252.211-7003 Item Unique Identification and Valuation
- DFARS Clause 252.211-7007 Reporting of Government Furnished Property
- DFARS Clause 252.211-7008 Use of Government-Assigned Serial Numbers
Fastest Turnaround Times
Exceptional Customer Service