MIL-STD-130 and STANAG 2290 compliance guaranteed
UID Labels and Nameplates
Express is a premier manufacturer of Unique Identification (UID) and Item Unique Identification (IUID) labels, nameplates, and tags for the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Department of Defense (DOD), and hundreds of aerospace and defense contractors. A trusted supplier with years of experience, Express can interpret engineered drawings, simplify specifications, and understand complex procurement requirements. ITAR Registered and member of the Automatic Identification Manufacturers (UID) Supplier Alliance, Express guarantees MIL-STD-130 and STANAG 2290 compliance on all orders through its individual UID verification reports.
About UID and IUID Marking
Unique Identification (UID) and Item Unique Identification (IUID) are part of the identification marking process mandated by the United States Department of Defense (DoD). UID and IUID are permanent marking methods used to give military property and Government-Furnished Property (GFP) a Unique Item Identification (UII).
UID and IUID marking is a systematic process to globally and unambiguous distinguish property and ensure data integrity throughout an item’s lifecycle through the use of two-dimensional (2D) Data Matrix ECC 200 Symbols.
UID and IUID marking is required for all military property and equipment with an acquisition cost over $5,000, equipment that is mission essential, controlled inventory, or serially-controlled.
UID Construct 1 Components
- Issuing Agency Code
- Enterprise Identifier
- Serial Number unique within the Enterprise
UID Construct 2 Components
- Issuing Agency Code
- Enterprise Identifier
- Part Number
- Serial Number (unique within the Part Number)
DoD Standards and Specifications
Express UID and IUID nameplates satisfy the following DoD standards and specifications:
- MIL-STD-130 – this standard specifies the marking requirements and methods for identification of military property produced, stocked, stored, or issued by or for the DoD. This standard further provides information for the implementation of machine-readable information (MRI) processes for item identification marking and facilitating automatic data capture.
- MIL-STD-13231 – this standard specifies the DoD’s uniform marking requirements for electronic items.
- MIL-STD-129 – this standard specifies the DoD’s marking requirements for shipment and storage.
- GG-P-455 – this specification covers the requirements for photosensitive anodized aluminum sheets and foils. For purposes of this specification, foils referred to in this specification are defined as material 0.010" and thinner.
- MIL-DTL-15024 – this performance specification covers the physical characteristics of plates, tags, and bands (identification devices) used for identification of equipment. Examples of information to be marked on the identification devices are covered in the applicable specification sheets.
- MIL-P-19834 – this detail specification covers adhesive-backed metal foil identification or instruction plates for use as internal and external equipment identification or instruction.
- MIL-A-8625 – this specification covers the requirements for 6 types and 2 classes of electrolytically formed anodic coatings on aluminum and aluminum alloys for non-architectural applications. This includes chromic acid anodizing, non-chromic acid anodizing, sulfuric acid anodizing, and hard anodic coatings.
- A-A-50271 – this commercial item description covers identification plates for attachment to equipment to provide identification and other miscellaneous data.
- SSP50007 – this document establishes the Inventory Management System (IMS) barcode label specifications and requirements for the International Space Station (ISS) Program.
DPAP and DFARS Compliant
All UID and IUID products comply with the Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS):
- Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP) for Item Unique Identification
- DFARS 211.274 Item Identification and Valuation Requirements
- DFARS Clause 252.211-7003 Item Unique Identification and Valuation
- DFARS Clause 252.211-7007 Reporting of Government Furnished Property
- DFARS Clause 252.211-7008 Use of Government-Assigned Serial Numbers
- ISO 9001 Certified — AS9100 Compliant
- ITAR Registered
- AIM UID Supplier Alliance member
- Every label and nameplate certified compliant
- Decades of experience with MIL-STD-130 labeling
Firefox User Notice
Designer functions are limited when using Firefox.
Please switch browsers to experience Designer.