Trust Express to get it right. Durable UID labels and tags that comply with contract requirements.
Express is a premier manufacturer of Unique Identification (UID) and Item Unique Identification (IUID) labels, nameplates, and tags for the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Department of Defense (DOD), and hundreds of aerospace and defense contractors. A trusted supplier with years of experience, Express can interpret engineered drawings, simplify specifications, and understand complex procurement requirements. ITAR Registered and member of the Automatic Identification Manufacturers (UID) Supplier Alliance, Express guarantees MIL-STD-130 and STANAG 2290 compliance on all orders through its individual UID verification reports. Choose from the material categories below for the product that best suits your needs.
Describe the product you're looking for, and we'll provide a quote. Our experienced staff are available to answer any questions.
Design Your Product
Design your label, tag, or nameplate with our easy-to-use design tool. Print, save, or email a PDF of your design and request a quote.
Request samples to test our products. Evaluate our product quality, functionality, and suitability for your needs.
With unlimited product variations, choosing the right label can be challenging. Our experienced staff will help you choose the best identification solution for your needs.
UID Labels and Nameplates
About UID and IUID Marking
Unique Identification (UID) and Item Unique Identification (IUID) are part of the identification marking process mandated by the United States Department of Defense (DoD). UID and IUID are permanent marking methods used to give military property and Government-Furnished Property (GFP) a Unique Item Identification (UII).
UID and IUID marking is a systematic process to globally and unambiguous distinguish property and ensure data integrity throughout an item’s lifecycle through the use of two-dimensional (2D) Data Matrix ECC 200 Symbols.
UID and IUID marking is required for all military property and equipment with an acquisition cost over $5,000, equipment that is mission essential, controlled inventory, or serially-controlled.
UID Construct 1 Components
- Issuing Agency Code
- Enterprise Identifier
- Serial Number unique within the Enterprise
UID Construct 2 Components
- Issuing Agency Code
- Enterprise Identifier
- Part Number
- Serial Number (unique within the Part Number)
DoD Standards and Specifications
Express UID and IUID nameplates satisfy the following DoD standards and specifications:
- MIL-STD-130 – this standard specifies the marking requirements and methods for identification of military property produced, stocked, stored, or issued by or for the DoD. This standard further provides information for the implementation of machine-readable information (MRI) processes for item identification marking and facilitating automatic data capture.
- MIL-STD-13231 – this standard specifies the DoD’s uniform marking requirements for electronic items.
- MIL-STD-129 – this standard specifies the DoD’s marking requirements for shipment and storage.
- GG-P-455 – this specification covers the requirements for photosensitive anodized aluminum sheets and foils. For purposes of this specification, foils referred to in this specification are defined as material 0.010" and thinner.
- MIL-DTL-15024 – this performance specification covers the physical characteristics of plates, tags, and bands (identification devices) used for identification of equipment. Examples of information to be marked on the identification devices are covered in the applicable specification sheets.
- MIL-P-19834 – this detail specification covers adhesive-backed metal foil identification or instruction plates for use as internal and external equipment identification or instruction.
- MIL-A-8625 – this specification covers the requirements for 6 types and 2 classes of electrolytically formed anodic coatings on aluminum and aluminum alloys for non-architectural applications. This includes chromic acid anodizing, non-chromic acid anodizing, sulfuric acid anodizing, and hard anodic coatings.
- A-A-50271 – this commercial item description covers identification plates for attachment to equipment to provide identification and other miscellaneous data.
- SSP50007 – this document establishes the Inventory Management System (IMS) barcode label specifications and requirements for the International Space Station (ISS) Program.
DPAP and DFARS Compliant
All UID and IUID products comply with the Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS):
- Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP) for Item Unique Identification
- DFARS 211.274 Item Identification and Valuation Requirements
- DFARS Clause 252.211-7003 Item Unique Identification and Valuation
- DFARS Clause 252.211-7007 Reporting of Government Furnished Property
- DFARS Clause 252.211-7008 Use of Government-Assigned Serial Numbers
- ISO 9001 Certified — AS9100 Compliant
- ITAR Registered
- AIM UID Supplier Alliance member
- Every label and nameplate certified compliant
- Decades of experience with MIL-STD-130 labeling
I just wanted to let you know that the labels arrived in a timely manner and they looked great! I just wanted to express my thanks to you for the outstanding job that you did in making things happen in such a short window.—Robert H.
Thank you for the outstanding service.—Connie H.
Previous supplier really bungled our UID Label order. You guys got it right and delivered in one day. Wow! Thanks a million.—Jeff P.
I’m so happy I never have to deal with [REDACTED] again! You guys are awesome!—Pam S.
You guys have been doing an excellent job. Thank you for the services you have been providing us.—Lionel R.
I am impressed! Thanks for the fast service.—Jason D.
We will let you know if we ever need anything else. Ya'll have been great!—Jennifer D.
We got the labels and everyone here really likes the quality and appearance of them. I'm working on another order for you of the UID labels and will have that data out next week. Thanks!—Greg H.
I have to say you are all so easy to deal with at Express, it really is a pleasure doing business with you!!!—Sandy L.
We are extremely pleased with our order. You blew us away with your quick, reliable service and will be our only source for UIDs in the future.—David W.
The label looks amazing. Thank you for taking the time to meet our requirements and provide the sample labels quickly. My manager was impressed with how quickly you provided a sample via email. We look forward to working with you to meet our asset tag needs.—Tonya C.
I just want to say how nice they [the tags] look, how well they were packaged, how appreciative I am that you got them to us in time and communicated with me during this order. Thank you so much!—Linda G.
Thank you so much for processing our ID plates so quickly and getting them shipped earlier than projected! I am sincerely grateful for your efforts with this and providing us the items in a timely manner. Looking forward to doing business again in the near future.—Mary R.