Durable graphic overlays and front panels for equipment controls and user interfaces
Express manufactures custom Lexan® polycarbonate overlays, graphic overlays and panel overlays. Brilliant colors and high resolution graphics are digitally imaged or screen printed on second surface (under side) to allow the polycarbonate to protect the printed image while providing exceptional durability. May be produced from your existing artwork or drawings, or our design staff will work with you to design the best overlay for your product.
Precision fabricated through laser cutting or steel rule die stamping to hold a tolerance of +/- .010 and insure accurate fit in your most exacting application. Material thickness ranging from .005-.030 makes it easy to create a finished product that will bring your design to life. Various surface textures such as polished, fine matte and velvet matte are available.
May include holes for equipment button access or windows for LED display and patterned or selective adhesive packing for secure attachment to bare steel & aluminum, powdercoats and both high and low surface energy plastics. Also available with embossed buttons for switch activation overlays provide instructions, branding, and protection for your OEM equipment and machinery. Ideal for indoor, outdoor and all harsh environments.
ISO 9001:2015 certified
Custom Front Panels & Control Overlays
Designed for Equipment Control and User Interface
- Graphic overlays, faceplates, front panels, and membrane switches are applied over a product’s control panel to communicate information or direction to the end user. Graphic overlays make a powerful first impression about a product or brand and connect the end user to the machine, device, or equipment. Graphic overlays define the user experience and must be durable, attractive, functional, and engaging in order to provide a great user experience.
Full Design Support from Concept to Implementation
- Express offers an extensive array of custom overlay options, including selective textures, embossing, coatings, adhesives, deadfronts, and backlighting to create a specialized overlay solution. Our Design Team can create state of the art, ready to use control panels with a wide variety of graphic overlay options to match any requred specification, dimensional tolerance, or color match.
Control Panel Applications
- Membrane switches
- Decorative and interface solutions
- Front panels for OEM equipment
- Epoxy keys
- Deadfront graphics and windows
How to design custom panels and overlays?
- The easiest way to design custom barcode labels is through our Universal Designer, where you can specify every label element, including size, text, logo, background, corner radius, hole diameter and placement, and data sequence. You may also submit an engineered drawing or call to speak with one of our design specialists. Our design team and 30+ years of industry experience allow Express to evaluate business needs and develop lasting identification solutions for large-scale deployment.
How much do custom panels and overlays cost?
- The minimum order cost for panels and overlays is $300. Higher-volume orders significantly reduce the per-unit cost. Since all panels and overlays are fully-custom, the exact price depends on the material, size, and quantity.
Why should I use a custom panel and overlay provider?
- With decades of custom manufacturing experience, Express has honed its ability to understand unique customer requirements and applications, manage complex data sequences, parse complex engineered drawings, satisfy the strictest tolerances, manage multiple shipment dates and locations, and deliver on the tightest deadlines. All these factors make Express a premier manufacturer and a leader in the industrial identification industry.
Fastest Turnaround Times
Exceptional Customer Service