RFID for every environmentRFID tags for access control, location identification and a range of other uses. RFID labels with barcode component for cross platform data collection. Custom RFID tags designed to your specifications and produced from a variety of materials to meet your needs for durability and longevity. RFID badges, fobs and bands.
Industrial RFID Tag Solutions
About RFID Tags
- Radio frequency identification (RFID) tags are smart barcode tags that transmit data through radio frequencies. Radio waves transmit data from the RFID tag to RFID reader, which then transmits the data to an RFID computer program. Industrial RFID tags are used to track automobiles, machines, and inventory throughout harsh industrial environments.
Active vs. Passive RFID Tags
- Active RFID tags are powered by an on-board battery. Passive RFID tags are powered by the electromagnetic energy transmitted from an RFID reader. Express only offers passive RFID tags for industrial uses. When a reader scans a passive RFID tag, the reader transmits energy to the tag which powers it enough for the chip and antenna to relay information back to the reader.
- Passive RFID tags use three main frequencies to transmit information, which affect the RFID tag’s range.
Low Frequency (LF) RFID (30 – 300 KHz)
- LF RFID tags typically operate at 125 KHz or 134 KHz. This frequency provides a read range of 10 cm and slower read speed than the higher frequencies, but is not very sensitive to radio wave interference.
- Common LF RFID applications include access control and livestock tracking.
High Frequency (HF) RFID (3 – 30 MHz)
- HF RFID tags range from 3 to 30 MHz, but typically operate at 13.56 MHz with read ranges between 10 cm and 1 m. HF RFID tags experience moderate sensitivity to interference.
- Common HF RFID applications include ticketing, payment, and data transfer applications.
Ultra High Frequency (UHF) RFID (300 MHz – 3 GHz)
- UHF RFID tags can have read ranges as long as 12 m, with faster data transfer rates than LF or HF RFID tags. UHF RFID tags are the most sensitive to interference, but Express’ UHF RFID tag antennas and readers are designed to perform even in difficult environments.
Fastest Turnaround Times
Exceptional Customer Service